Tuesday 13 November 2007

Libraries, I love em

Here I am, sitting in the Library at Swansea University doing work and all I can think about is doing another blog. (Actually no it isn't I am just bored of coursework, well bored isnt the right word, overloaded that's more like it, though it's almost done read through tomorrow!!!!)

Any way so we've chosen Paddick to be the candidate for London mayor. I was quite gutted when I found out becuase although incredibly busy I did ask if I could help Chamali. However in Paddick we do have someone who has over 20 years in the MET. So he knows London. I think that both Paddick and Chamali stood out as very exceptional candidates, and as I work part time in London I feel like I do want to have a say in how the city is run. I care deeply when the tube go on strike because it effects me, I care about how expensive the congestion charge is because it affects me, and yes even though I do spend most of my time in Tavistock Square in a hotel, I do actually want a job there and to live there for a few years. London is a young city, it's bright and buzzing. In the next few weeks I shall be in Brussels and New York, and by all accounts Brussels lacks personality and New York lacks intimacy.

And on the actual race, that is now going to happen, this is what I feel the candidates represent

Boris; a London of the 1950s, one in which was dominated by smog, tradition and conservative

Ken; Today's London a London that is brightening up but somehow wont achieve its full potential, a London that has the ability to be dominated by striking tube drivers, and a London which will just stay the same, good but not good enough.

Brian; Obviously Brian represents what London could become, a London which is brighter, successful, and based around people power. A London which will be home to millions of people and yet you'll feel safe in your house, a London which will welcome visitors new and old alike, and a London which will be available 24/7. A London which will embrace the olympic spirit. It will be our London and Your London.

anyway I look forward to the fight, probably because most of my friends who live in London (I mean NUS friends) want Ken to maintain his lead on London. I like Ken, but Ken just isnt Liberal and does think to much inside the box.

No comments: